The Chestnut Run – is the first and the most massive sports and charitable event in Ukraine. Taking place every year since 1993, opening the festivities of the Day of Kyiv (the last Sunday of May). In 2019, the 27th Chestnut Run will be held on May 26.
The funds raised during the charitable event will be directed to purchase the necessary equipment and medical supplies for the Scientific and Practical Medical Center of Pediatric Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery MoH Ukraine.
About the Chestnut Run:
- the Run is one of the largest charity events in Ukraine;
- is a recreational event for the whole family;
- is an opportunity to exert corporate social responsibility.
Goals of the Chestnut Run:
- draw public attention to the problems of infant mortality in Ukraine;
- strengthen the positive attitude to a healthy lifestyle;
- develop the tradition of mutual help and volunteering;
- encourage companies to exercise corporate social activity;
- collect the maximum amount of funds for the Scientific and Practical Medical Center of Pediatric Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery MoH Ukraine.
Quick facts of the Run:
- the first charitable Chestnut Run was held in 1993 and brought together 150 participants;
- the youngest of the registered participants – just 1 month old, the eldest – 98 years old;
- until 1999, the funds collected during the Chestnut Run were directed to purchases of supplies and equipment for the Children’s Specialized Hospital “OKHMATDET”. Since 2000 – Scientific and Practical Medical Center of Pediatric Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery MoH Ukraine;
- in 2010, the Chestnut Run was attended by a record number of people – 15,100 participants (the record is listed in the Ukrainian Book of Records as the “most massive sports and charitable event”), in 2018 the new record has been set – 15, 820 participants;
- in 2010, the first in Ukraine “Artificial Heart” (a device used for membrane oxygenation) was purchased for the fund raised during the Chestnut Run, and in 2013 – the third in Ukraine counterpulsation device – a device that supports young patients’ blood pressure during a surgery;
- in 2014 thanks to the participants of the charitable event the new electric furnace equipment was purchased, which allowed for a vital surgeries to be carried out 24 hours a day;
- in 2015, the Charitable Foundation “Chestnut Run” purchased the Cardio monitor A8 and M9500 for the Center, as well as paid a number of necessary diagnostic and repair works of the equipment of the clinic for a total amount of more than UAH 1 000 000. The funds were collected by the participants of the 23rd “Chestnut Run”, as well as transmitted by “Inter” TV channel and Dynamo FC according to their charity initiatives;
- in 2016, the funds collected by the participants of the “Chestnut Run” became a part of the amount needed to replace the X-ray tubes in the angiographic unit;
- 2017 is significant as a “boom” of corporate participants. During the 25th “Chestnut Run” was held the parade of more than 250 corporate teams! Together with individual participants they are managed to establish a new record Run – a receipt for the amount of UAH 1, 5 million ;
- 2018 was pleased with new achievements – 15,820 participants, 380 corporate teams and a receipt for a record amount of UAH 2,000,000 joined the 26th “Chestnut Run”;
- The Chestnut Run support for the Center for Pediatric Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery Ministry of Health of Ukraine had gathered nearly 3 million hrivna in direct funding and medical supplies and bought immense media attention, government and philanthropist support.
- During the support of the Center, the participants under the Chestnut Run bought and delivered to the medical facility equipment and supplies for a total amount of more than $ 530,000;
- The funds collected by the participants of the 25th and 26th “Chestnut Run” became part of the amount for the purchase of the electrophysiological cardinavigation system EnSiteTM for the Scientific and Practical Medical Center for Pediatric Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine. Total cost of the system – 6,2 million UAH. The supplier has transferred 3,5 million UAH. from the charitable organization “Chestnut Run” and 1 million UAH. from the Charitable Foundation “Children’s Heart”. In order to pay the full cost of the system, it is necessary to collect another 1,7 million UAH. by the end of 2019
Let’s do it together on the 27th “Chestnut Run!”